US$30.00 - US$40 per hour
9 months ago
MANUFACTURING ENGINEER- 12 MONTH CONTRACT
Morson International currently has a contract vacancies for Manufacturing Engineers to join a leading manufacturer in the Aerospace industry, this will be a 12 month contract and provide the opportunity to work with a leading international manufacturer.
Under routine supervision, determines, for simple to complex, generally customer-specific programs, the optimal manufacturing methods and processes for producing company products. Generally will see a product through to satisfactory production, coordinating the manufacturing processes involved to meet customer, government and company requirements.
1. Analyzes engineering design documents to establish manufacturing methods and processes to manufacture a component, including creating conceptual sketches and initiating the design and building of required tooling within established budgets and submits for appropriate approvals.
2. Prepares a bill of material for procurement of raw material, rivets, bolts, etc., and describes outside vendor services needed for the manufacture of a component (heat treat, anodizing, painting, etc.). Approves outside vendor manufacturing plans and reviews progress to plan.
3. Provides program management for individual parts, develops and maintains all production plans including sequencing of events for efficient, cost-effective manufacturing and coordinates all phases of manufacture, including process planning, tooling, and components manufacture assuring compliance to customer and company requirements. Maintains accurate files on parts.
4. Continually evaluates alternative manufacturing methods/processes for cost reductions, improved products, competitive manufacturing advantage and capacity limitations.
5. Prepares changes to meet revised customer requirements. Reviews progress with the customer, including design errors, proposed part rework and manufacturing problems.
6. Analyzes discrepant parts, dispositions nonconforming material reports and prepares rework/repair procedures and customer submittal documents, as required.
7. Instructs production workers and shop supervisors in proper use of tools and implementation of planned methods and processes and provides technical support as problems occur, analyzing and researching solutions and implementing corrective action, as needed.
8. Estimates engineering time and tooling cost for customer design changes and submits estimates to Estimating Department.
9. Assists Estimating Department in estimating future orders.
SAFETY - Maintains a constant awareness towards safety in the workplace and notifies supervision immediately of hazardous conditions and practices.
QUALITY - Exhibits commitment to quality performance in all aspects of every task or project performed.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Requires a 4-year degree in manufacturing engineering or mechanical engineering, or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
Preferably 2-3 years experience in manufacturing engineering, preferably in manufacturing aerospace environment. Must have an understanding of fabrication, assembly and shop math, including algebra, trigonometry and spatial relations. Expected to be familiar with material processes and the use of and design of tools, fixtures and gauges. Prefer some working knowledge of computerized systems.
COMMUNICATION AND MOTIVATIONAL SKILLS
Must possess good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.