£28.00 - £30.00 per hour
2 months ago
The position of manufacturing engineer requires creative, analytical and developmental thinking as well as qualifications and experience in a relevant field of manufacturing. The design, planning, documentation, implementation, optimisation, and supervision of manufacturing processes are key requirements of the job. An essential skill is the ability to communicate with workers involved in all stages of manufacture. Enthusiasm, cooperation and a positive outlook as well as a thorough understanding of the technology and manufacturing concepts involved is important, as is the ability to prioritise.
* Provide technical & engineering support for all aspects of the manufacturing processes
* Ensure engineering and quality requirements for products are fully understood and met
* Create/maintain all documentation associated with the manufacture of components including route cards, BOMS and technical documents
* Be accountable for the health of the local manufacturing engineering KPIs
* Create/implement problem resolution and development plans to address longstanding production issues
* Support Quality in the closure of QNs and NCRs
* Assist in the resolution of cell related issues, and the reduction and elimination of non-conformance.
* Thorough analysis of process / tooling design and definition. Assist with tool design, manufacture, repair and purchase
* Produce estimates, technical and manufacturing proposals to support bids and design modifications.
* Develop, implement & monitor "Best Practice" lean manufacturing processes
* Provide leadership and manage change to drive continuous improvement activities within the business.
QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
* Minimum HNC level qualification in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering
* Project Management qualification (preferable)
* Lean 6-sigma Green Belt (preferable)
* Minimum 3 years professional experience in the A&D sector
* Ability to interpret and apply engineering, quality and H&S standards
* Pragmatic and systematic approach to problem solving
* Self-motivated, organised with excellent time management skills
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize
* Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* Understanding of manufacturing methods related to wing assembly
* Computer literate including MS Office and MS Project applications
* Working knowledge of ERP systems, preferably SAP
* CAD experience (preference CATIA or Solid works)