£20.00 - £25.00 per hour + .
9 months ago
I am currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineers, for a contract with our client based in Cheadle.
Description / Responsibilities of Position:
- Ensure new product introduction carried out through APQP, PEP and PPAP processes
- Works to internal Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality procedures, continually seeking to improve the department's method of work
- Maintains records, drawings (and other machine or facilities drawings), and documents to provide a record which is archived and accessible to the company, as per IATF 16949, OHSAS 18001, ISO 14001 requirements.
- Identification of continual improvement opportunities through root cause analysis, our kaizen process and other problem-solving techniques
- Facilitate the utilisation and edition of FMEA and Control plans
- Responsible for procurement of Final assembly equipment and tooling for new processes that comply with UK PUWE Regulations
- Maintenance of existing tooling and processes
- Process improvement to increase OEE through availability, performance and quality coefficients
- Required to support VSR correlation activities with the CHRA and VSR engineer
- Any other duties, within the scope of this role, not specified within this job description as required by the business.
- Must have a 'hands on' approach to Engineering
- Growth and Customer Focus
- Ability to provide strong leadership and support to the Engineering and Maintenance team
- Translate strategic vision into department goals
- General management skills and integrative thinker
- Ability to deliver results in a complex environment managing conflicting goals
- Effective communicator with excellent interpersonal skills
- Innovative, solid analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to lead change management initiatives
- Must be able to build strong working relationships with both Plant and European Engineering functions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in the automotive industry (tier 2 or OE)
- Previous manufacturing and product engineering experience required
- Degree or equivalent in engineering essential
- PLC knowledge an advantage
- Working knowledge of modern logistics, warehousing and assembly machining processes
- Greenbelt certification desirable
- IOSH Managing safety qualification or equivalent (e.g. 'Pilz' Managing safety with a one day Machinery safety addition qualification) preferred