Katie Robson Hill
3 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Manufacturing Engineer on a permanent basis working for a leading manufacturing organisation in the Bedfordshire area. Our client operate in the Aerospace, Defence and Automotive industries.
The successful applicant will be involved in a range of activities including:
- Providing day to day support to manufacturing operations
- Leading and contributing to practical problem solving activities in relation to day to day manufacturing issues
- Providing MRB support
- Updating engineering documentation to maintain configuration control
- Management of small capital and tooling projects
- Support continuous improvement activities
- Scrap reduction projects
- Support on improvement and RCCA projects
You will ideally be degree qualified in an Engineering discipline (or equivalent). You will also be process driven and have previous experience of working in a manufacturing environment - Aerospace industry is desirable.
We are looking for applicants that are able to communicate effectively at all levels within an organisation and are flexible in their approach. You will have demonstrable experience of practical problem solving tools and techniques, such as 5 Why's, 8D etc. You will have the ability to specify and purchase capital equipment or tooling and have knowledge and experience of requirements matrices, PFMEA or similar. You will also have some experience with lean/six sigma.