South Ayrshire, Scotland
Up to £31.05 per hour
7 months ago
6 months +
Our Prestwick Client has a requirement for Manufacturing Engineers to undertake the below contract.
Accountable for the management and development of accurate "Bills of Materials" maintained within the Enterprise Resource Planning System.
Ensure that valid Engineering Processes are deployed within the manufacturing process and effectively detailed within the process routing to satisfy requirements of the business MRPII disciplines.
Manage the formal Engineering Changes communicated and agreed with the customer and valid agreed internal changes.
Deploy the Continuous Improvement toolset to enable productivity and product quality improvements to be implemented in support of business and customer requirements both internal and within the supply chain.
Accountable for the Translation of Design Data (For example CAD/CATIA) and specifications into clear and concise work instructions for manufacturing products to customer and regulatory authority requirements.
* Responsible for the translation of Design Engineering data and specifications into clear and concise work instructions for manufacturing assemblies or product to customer and regulatory authority requirements.
* Accountable for the maintenance and development of suppliers/conditions of supply.
* Responsible for supporting Continuous Improvement to achieve significant productivity and quality improvements by:
- Analysing and eliminating waste (seven wastes).
- Developing and implementing production smoothing methods and Kanban systems.
- Identifying and implementing methods to reduce set-up and overall cycle times.
- Effective use of problem solving tools and techniques.
* Responsible for the definition of hard to satisfy quality standards and optimise long term manufacturing costs.
* Responsible for manipulating CAD data to support work activities when required.
* Support the MRB process by providing engineering instructions relating to rework, scrap and future prevention of non-conforming products.
* Implement visible control and business support systems in order to demonstrate effective management and control.
* Liaising with operators, design and regulatory authorities to ensure product integrity and compliance.
* Responsible for checking and acceptance of new and modified design models and drawings as approved signatories.
* Responsible for provision of engineering/manufacturing support to external customers and contractors.
* Responsible for the creation, maintenance and auditing of Engineering processes.
* Assisting with product audits, identifying and implementing corrective actions.
* Assisting with the close out of customer non-conformances.
* Work closely with Design to identify and implement cost reduction initiatives and quality improvements.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* Preferably be qualified to HNC level or equivalent in a related discipline.
* Have 2 years relevant engineering experience within an Engineering environment.
* Good communication skills - interface with customers and suppliers.
* Knowledge of engineering systems and the ability to deploy the Continuous Improvement Toolset - Seven Wastes etc.
* Awareness of drawings and systems as applied within our major customers such as Boeing and Airbus.
* A good working knowledge of Microsoft Packages - Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Access.