23 days ago
We are currently recruiting for an experienced Manufacturing Engineer for our client based in Stockport. This is a critical role aimed at developing a proactive performance improvement culture to drive consistency of product quality and delivery.
* Lead, develop and implement quality manufacturing improvement programmes across area of responsibility.
* Implement a customer focused, operational improvement culture delivering world class customer service levels.
* Coordinate cross functional team activities to optimise cost performance of the plant through capital investment programmes, optimising operating standards and minimising waste through the development of a continuous improvement culture encompassing lean principles.
* Support and lead structured problem solving and process improvement activities.
* Provide design for manufacturing input at early stages in the new product development process, coordinating with and supporting the new product development team to implement new and revised designs and developing effective processes to ensure manufacture ability of product while maintaining quality, safety and environmental standards and achieving cost targets.
* Support project management in cross functional activity required for project execution.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the Company's overall business objectives.
Qualifications & Education
* Technical skill set developed in complex engineering environments
* Successful track record of manufacturing excellence
* Experience in a similar role within an industrial or technical environment
* Operating in complex organisations
* Planning experience using SAP and Ideally Trained in SAP
* Structuring BOMs from Drawing to Manufacture
Aptitude, attributes, skills and abilities
* Hands on approach
* Flexible attitude
* Strong information management and presentation skill set
* Good communication skills, commercial and business awareness