Up to £30.00 per hour + Umbrella Company
about 1 month ago
Our Client based in Henlow has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
As a key member of the Manufacturing Engineering team you will carry out activities in support of multi-project manufacturing activities, focussing on ensuring that our products are built safely, efficiently and to budget.
* Provide reactive Manufacturing Engineering support to minimise production downtime
* Evaluate technical issues in order to develop proposals for investigations and/or
solutions, including process improvements
* Have the ability to interpret design drawings with a view to producing manufacturing build instructions for both skilled and semi-skilled operators
* Compile and update manufacturing instructions
* Carry out investigations into a full range of problems, issues or developments and
develop and prepare solutions, individually or as a member of a project team
* Support the non-conformance process using SAP, and carry out relevant root cause analysis and define corrective actions as an individual or member of a team
* Contribute to all aspects of continuous improvement activities within the authority designated to Manufacturing Engineering, to aid in the delivery of improved throughput across the Department, Henlow and Stevenage sites
* Keep up to date in relevant technical areas, develop skills and capabilities to be able to provide more effective services (seeking and sharing good practice and knowledge to continuously improve practices), and supply technical support and expertise to others as required.
* Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline, plus a number of years relevant experience (not including initial graduate training or the equivalent if an external recruit)
HND qualified (or equivalent) plus substantial practical experience in working from
a basis of concepts and principles
* Experience across all aspects of at least a single engineering area/ domain and an appreciation of other areas
* Specialist knowledge in at least one area possibly recognised (or beginning to be recognised) as an expert
* Substantial analytical and problem solving skills
* Communicates verbally and in writing in a style appropriate to the audience proven presentation skills
* Organisational/co-ordination experience ability to work with and through others