Up to £30.00 per hour
4 months ago
BAe Systems Washington has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineers to undertake the below contract role.
Main responsibilities of the Process Engineer will be:
* Improvement of product and process safety, and process control through the use of
* practical problem solving and management of engineering trials.
* Development of product Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) documents
* to identify safety critical product features for Medium / Large Calibre Ammunition.
* Lead a team of engineers, technicians, quality and operations in the development of
* Process Control Trilogy documentation (Process FMEA, Process Control Plan,
* Process Flow Diagram) to identify all production process steps, along with current
* control and failure detection methods, used in the manufacture of Medium / Large
* Calibre Ammunition.
* Identify, agree and execute potential process improvements to benefit safety, cost,
* quality and delivery - including the development and presentation of business cases
* for capital expenditure projects.
* Project manage changes through the Teamcenter engineering change process and
* facilitate change control boards. This also includes management of engineering
* documentation in workspace.
* Preparation of technical documentation including reports, procurement and
* requirement specifications.
* To take ownership, prioritise and manage tasks to ensure their completion within the
* agreed timescales and to the required standard.
Background & Experience
* You will have a proven track record in high volume manufacturing engineering and
* Have a good working knowledge of manufacturing process control, OEE/continuous
* Improvements, problem solving techniques, quality control systems, and elimination
* Of waste, poke-yoke, standardisation, benchmarking, kaizen, and visualisation
* Standards within a large organisation.
* Experience of the development of robust DFMEA and PFMEA documents.
* Ability to lead and coach all operators and technicians working on product safety
* improvement activities.
* Ability to implement engineering projects that have delivered benefits on cost, quality,
* delivery, safety.
* As a Process Engineer your skills and qualifications will ideally include:
* Apprenticeship and BTEC (HND/HNC) in Mechanical Engineering / Manufacturing
* A solid understanding of mechanical principles, manufacturing techniques and
* general processes (forming / machining / treatments).
* An analytical approach to problem solving (logical thinking).
* A good understanding of technical reporting techniques.
* Interpersonal skills.
* Must be fully computer literate.