Up to £45.00 per hour
16 days ago
BAe Systems have a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the below contract.
A knowledgeable and experienced Manufacturing Engineer, who will be responsible for identifying and analysing the root cause of technically complex Engineering problems, enabling them to generate and implement cost effective solutions through the effective use of innovative thinking and interfacing with other disciplines. This role will effectively prevent and resolve Operational build issues thus enabling achievement of delivery targets. The role will also generate and issue Ops data (e.g. Manufacturing Instructions etc.) from Engineering information in line with Project timescales.
* Responsible for converting the Engineering Design intent into Manufacturing Engineering data (sometimes complex) for Operations use.
* Responsible for timely completion of personal and team tasks using appropriate techniques.
* Responsible for managing and developing staff in-line with appropriate performance management techniques and processes.
* Responsible for identifying own development opportunities.
* Where appropriate, checks and approves the Teams work ready for release to Operations.
* Contribute to the management of the Quality and SH&E Systems, for Manufacturing Engineering processes and documentation e.g. Calling up safe methods of working etc.
* Build effective internal and cross functional relationships in order to achieve overall Project requirements.
* Identify the manpower and activities required to meet a set programme of work.
* Assist in the deployment of the training & risk assessments associated with their Manufacturing Engineering sub-discipline.
* Support justifications/business cases that seek to improve business performance, and thus provide optimised return on capital investment
* Assure product and process quality as determined by company processes. Develop and test new systems when the need arises.
* Provide decision-making information by calculating production, labour, and material costs reviewing production schedules estimating future requirements.
* Agree and prioritise with the customer, emergent work affecting submarine manufacture, fabrication or construction. In doing so, they must be able to manage the allocated projects and sub-projects from conception, through to completion with full stakeholder engagement and agreement.
* Act as a project focal point for discipline specific tasks ensuring best practices are adopted and embedded. This may involve developing processes within their sub-discipline by studying product requirements researching, designing, modifying, and testing development methods and equipment by conferring with field specialists and technologists.
* Lead, develop, and motivate any reporting and assigned staff through good communications, open and honest management techniques, in keeping with the Company values, policies, & procedures.
* Excellent Communication skills
* Experience in defining and managing Key Performance Indicators
* Experience in performing route cause analysis and reporting on countermeasures
* HNC or equivalent, plus substantial experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role OR Foundation degree with experience in a Manufacturing Engineering role
* Previous experience in dealing with performance management and leading a team
* Professional knowledge of relevant Engineering standards (including SHE regulations)