£230 - £250 per day
4 days ago
Job Experience - Knowledge of modern machining and manufacturing processes, NC programming, Tool and Fixture Design, ideally from a low-volume, high accuracy manufacturing environment e.g Aerospace, Power Generation. Candidates must be highly motivated, be a good problem solver and be able to work both independently and in a team environment.
Main Job Role & Activities: -
* Definition of manufacturing processes for Gas Turbine components and sub-assemblies.
* Creation & maintenance of supporting documentation to include Manufacturing Routings, Layouts and instructions.
* NC programming of multi-axis Turning, Milling, Grinding and EDM machines1.
* Programming of Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMM) using PC-DMIS or Quindos software1.
* Demonstrated knowledge of Siemens NX (CAD & CAM), Vericut, SAP and Microsoft Office applications.
* Define, perform and implement investigations into non-conformance through root cause analysis and corrective actions.
* Knowledge of safe working environment and implementation of current H&S legislation into working practices.
* Definition and procurement of jigs, fixtures, tooling, gauging & lifting equipment.
* Inspection activities including the creation of non-conformance reports, in process and final inspection protocols.
* Interface with supporting departments such as Design, Assembly, Quality, Procurement and external suppliers.
* Generate and implement cost reduction and efficiency improvements.
* Knowledge of LEAN manufacturing techniques and processes.