Up to £28.87 per hour
8 days ago
Our Filton Client has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
* Equipment specifications - Capture the requirements of the technology development specialist teams and work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that baseline specifications are collated and approved.
* Tendering process - work with the Procurement Team to support the supplier selection process ensuring requirements are met for time, cost and quality in line with the ASEA Procurement Procedure.
* Planning - Generate, control and maintain an Equipment Install Plan for all the equipment items coming to the GTC workshop.
* Commissioning - work with the supplier and internal teams to ensure successful equipment commissioning.
* Readiness - Generate, control and maintain a Master Equipment Readiness list for all the equipment items coming to the GTC workshop.
* Layout - Support the design of the workshop layout by working with key stakeholders to capture and embody requirements from each technology specialist area.
* Digital - Coordinate equipment digital requirements from the technology development specialist teams and act as the GTC equipment representative within the Digital / IT Cluster to ensure that each of the technology teams requirements are met in line with the agreed budget and digital aspirations of the GTC Digital / IT Cluster.
* EH&S - ensure that all equipment specified is compliant with the relevant sections of the Health and Safety at work Act. Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities. Reporting of all accidents and near misses as per the company's procedure and implementation of identified corrective actions. Maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work area(s)
* Export Control - compliance activities, ensuring you adhere to the site "Technology Control Plan (TCP), guaranteeing compliance with Export Control Regulations, controls, training and systems.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, FORMAL
* Demonstrate previous successful preparation of high technology equipment specifications that incorporate equipment performance in accuracy, uptime and maintainability.
* Demonstrate the ability to work in a multifunctional team environment where achieving through others is essential to complete tasks successfully.
* Understanding of EHS legislation relative to the specification and selection of equipment and its suppliers.
* Experience in Procurement & the Aerospace sector is ideal, along with experience in an R&T environment.
* Experience in Digital Manufacturing environment.
* Good interpersonal skills, capable of team working within a large multi-functional organisation. 'Achieving through others' is a key aspect of this role.
* Strong communication skills, both oral and written and able to communicate at all levels
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Pragmatic problem solver who likes to work with deadlines.
* A strong self-starter, enthusiastic and consistently delivers to high standards.
* Demonstrate independence and confidence in decision making, implementation and problem solving.
* Ability to manage and prioritise workload and time effectively and changing priorities.
* Good numerical and project financial skills.
* Experienced with MS Office tools - Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel, MSProject (and Clarizen ideally).