29 days ago
Our Stevenage Client has a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer to join their team.
To provide Manufacturing Engineering support to the Operations teams within MAIT as well as supporting the Manufacturing Engineering team deliverables for the production of fully integrated Satellite Telecoms and ENS Products.
* Provide Manufacturing Engineering support to Operations including working with technicians, Inspectors, team leaders and KPO's as and when needed
* Support the generation of standard documentation in line with scheduled needs.
* Produce re-work instructions / deviation plans / discrepancies based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out - (materials, tooling, requirements and methodology)
* Support quality reviews and Root Cause Analysis using lean tools, including driving and owning PPS's.
* Support Lessons Learned exercises at key milestones involving all key stakeholders in phase (Operations, process owners, MAIT management, and design)
* Ensure that feedback is provided from the cleanroom and to the Process Owners so that the current processes can be updated to improve them / remove non-quality.
* Support to R&D / R&T for process developments and new process implementation, undertake process improvement and maintenance and monitor process implementation in operations.
* Support training module creation, maintenance & Delivery. (Support to process owner / Operations).
* Ensue where possible that ME process and procedures are standardised, optimised, current and usable by work with Process Owners to identify future improvements.
* Design of day to day operational tooling / manufacturing aids for manufacture execution
* Support the use of MGSE and Tooling and ensure feedback is provided to the MGSE team for issues and improvements.
* Review documentation and conduct safety reviews to support critical handling activities.
* Appreciation of manufacturing techniques e.g. CFRP, structural bonding or TIG welding, within the space/aerospace industry - with a realistic minimum of five years' experience
* Mechanical & Electrical design / manufacturing / validation / experience
* Process and Quality driven approach with high attention to detail.
* Manufacturing / Test processes for the space industry.
* Use of Windchill, P6, IPS, 3D live, 3D experience or other similar systems
* Understanding of build documentation to ensure clear instructions are given to shop floor operators.
* Lean manufacturing techniques including 5S, root cause analysis and continuous improvement (Green belt).
* Mechanical handling equipment.
* Procedures and process control.
* Able to work offsite (UK and abroad) for undefined periods at short notice.
* Work overtime and occasional shifts, as and when required.
* Able to support out of normal hours work using the "on call" rota process, as and when required.
* High self-motivation and ability to deal with changing priorities on a multi project basis.
* Good planning skills and process competence (MRP/SAP system experience an advantage
red to apply for and receive a DBS certificate prior to commencement of the contract.