Up to £30 per hour
7 days ago
We currently have a requirement for a Manufacturing Engineer with work at BAE Systems Glascoed.
Provide professional Manufacturing Engineering support for Glascoed.
Provide an Engineering resource to identify and resolve Engineering and Operational problems impacting on the performance and profitability of the Business.
To provide a significant input to the manufacturing cells "safe system of work" documents, e.g. safe working instructions and risk assessment in line with company and statutory requirements.
To develop, review and continuously improve, manufacturing processes and facilities to meet project and production programme requirements.
To lead design of efficient manufacturing systems taking into consideration factors such as safety, logistics, process flow, inventory and lead times.
To provide professional timely Input and support for development of projects and process.
Responsibilities include the following:
· Provide professional Engineering support to Cell in a wide range of Engineering aspects.
· Advise and liaise with "Manufacturing Cell" and management to develop product and process.
· Develop, and maintain a wide range of safety-based documentation such as Risk Assessments and Manufacturing Instructions.
· Control the preparation of soundly based, innovative, least cost solutions to achieve operational improvements and financial benefits.
· Direct input into Engineering proposals, estimated costs, programmes and strategies for submission to works business management for implementation.
· Aid compliance with all statutory legislation (Inc ATEX, DSEAR, MSER, and COMAH), business policies, regulations and standards throughout the lifecycle of product and service.
Vision and Context:
· The position exists to effectively self plan, co-ordinate and control delivery of manufacturing Engineering requirements and services to Glascoed and support the annual manufacturing and project plans.
· Munitions shop floor and staff (inc senior management) to discuss Engineering or manufacturing issues and solutions.
· Munitions plant and project management - to discuss resource and technical issues relating to capital and maintenance schemes and operational problems.
· BAE wide personnel to discuss common Engineering issues and interpretation of statutory regulations and inform, discuss policies.
· Equipment suppliers to discuss the broad requirements of munitions specific plant requirements, quality and potential cost effective solutions.
· Contractors, to discuss broad requirements of Glascoed relating to resource, quality, technical and safety requirements.
· Consultants, Universities and external agencies (such as HSE/EA) as necessary to represent BAE interests.
Knowledge and Experience:
· Must be competent in the provision of suitable and sufficient risk assessments and work instructions. Some posts may also include working with energetic materials (explosive material) for which specific training will be given.
· Should be familiar with the five lean principles and seven wastes and be able to integrate this knowledge in the design of the manufacturing systems.
· Should have some familiarity with tool and gauge design and be able to apply appropriate statistical methods for quality assurance purposes.
· Must be capable of working as part of a multi discipline team and of managing their own workload on a day to day basis.
Competencies/Skills and Expertise include the following:
· HNC/HND Mechanical/Electrical or Manufacturing Engineering.
· IOSH Managing Safely.
· NEBOSH Certificate.