Up to £35.00 per hour
4 months ago
Responsible for Manufacturing Engineering during New Product Introduction (NPI) and serial production ensuring robust process selection, implementation & control. Able to assume a lead role for Manufacturing Engineering managing stakeholder requirements across or within the ME sub functions.
* Accountable to meet the metrics in the value stream; Product Safety, Time, Quality, Delivery cost
* Product development - selection of capable manufacturing processes
* Product manufacturing & verification instructions including FAIs
* Process control deployment & verification of process capability prior to series Production
* Continuous Improvement
* Challenge design and specifications for predictability
* Identify and request methods and technology development
* Standard work - share and work in accordance to best practice
* Costing during the CQ process for NRC's and tooling for manufacturing
* Quotes that involve manufacturing of Legacy products to ensure we have capability and tooling and we have resolved any problems from previous manufacture
FUNCTIONAL SUCCESS PROFILE:
* Process technical risk management
* Ability to lead Manufacturing Engineering tasks and activities under own initiative.
* Ability to manage and to coordinate internal customer requirements.
* Achieving delivery to time cost and quality.
* Ensure all project stakeholders have the right information at the right time, through pro-active communication.
* A sound background in Aerospace Engineering and in working in complex engineering projects.
* Proven ability to work and to deliver under own initiative.
* PC literate - MS Office Programmes Catia, SAP would be an advantage.
* Experience of Continuous Improvement and Lean Management.
* Ability to influence stakeholders.
* Strong minded and committed.
* Prepared to work on the complete range of GKN Aerospace programmes, both civil and military.
* Able to travel as required by the position including internationally.
* Have a responsible approach to the Health & Safety of themselves and others.
* Proactive with regard to new developments in the area of expertise.
* Good interpersonal team working skills.
* Self-motivated and resourceful.
* Innovative toward all aspects of the job.
* Flexible and capable of working in a complex environment.
* Good reporting skills on project status and progress.
* Capable of interfacing professionally with customers and suppliers.
* HNC Engineering, Degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, Chemical Engineering or equivalent.
* Experienced in managing Manufacturing Engineering programmes.
* Experienced in the application of:
Process Control Mapping & Variable control (Built in Quality) Industrialization Process
Follow up system and reports - reporting metrics & system Problem solving tools - 5 whys, 8D
Work according to Operational Management System.
* Good Technical English language.
* Lean and Continuous Improvement qualification/experience.