£28.00 - £32.00 per hour
4 months ago
Our Telford Client has a requirement for Manufacturing Engineer to undertake the below contract role.
These are key project roles in leading the transfer of complex fabricated assemblies from their current location through to manufacture at the Telford facility. The roles are expected to last for 9 - 12 months.
The roles will be integral members of a small team utilising your experience of working in the automotive fabrication industry. They will take the responsibility within the team for gaining a full understanding of current processes in existing plant in UK prior to managing the transfer into the Telford Plant. These roles will include configuring new line layouts and carrying out PFMEAs to assist with assembly processing and using lessons learned from observed current manufacturing facility as well as establishing the customer quality requirements & warranting the produced products to meet those requirements.
The role requires people who can demonstrate broad technical, project and manufacturing engineering / quality engineering experience, with the ability to use this extensive engineering knowledge to feed into new proposals which are based on sound technical principles.
You will be responsible for the management of:
* Developing plans for transfer of tooling
* Development plans for Telford facility to align with above
* Understand & document customer quality requirements
* Generate feasibility assessments against quality requirement and drive manufacturing feasibility and feedback back into the development of the product
* Develop fabrication and assembly processes working with in-house teams, both staff and shop floor
* Specification of production assy facility
* Support supplier selection
* Liaising with new suppliers, manage suppliers through to delivery
* Oversee product through to launch and capacity verification
The ideal candidates will be proven Manufacturing & Quality Engineers. They will have a HND or above Qualification in an engineering discipline (or equivalent), with an excellent technical understanding of manufacturing and assembly processes, possess strong supplier management skills. Previous experience within the automotive industry would be highly desirable.
The candidate will also need the ability to travel as and when required throughout parts of the UK.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills:
* Proven delivery of sizeable programs, automotive preferable
* HND or above in engineering
* Steel welded fabrication & pressing experience preferable
Hours of Work:
This role is a Temporary staff position based on a day shift system - 37 hours per week, and is based at Telford. However, the candidate should be willing to work all recognised shift pattern with overtime as the requirements of the project may demand. Customer & supplier visits with UK, sometimes with overnight stays will be required.