4 months ago
Morson International are assisting a key client in the Nuclear industry in their search for a Manufacturing Capability Manager (permanent) to be Bristol based. This vital new position will assist with the successful delivery of the Hinkley Point C Equipment Programme. Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced candidates.
- The post holder will lead a group of teams led by a Senior Equipment Manager
- Each Equipment team is responsible for a system or group of systems within HPC
- Most Equipment tasks will be conducted by contractors supervised by the team members
The role is accountable to the Equipment Programme Director and is required to:-
- Assist in the development and optimisation of the Equipment Programme and manage delivery to meet key targets within the work programme.
- Define and develop a consistent lifecycle view for equipment manufacture and an associated End to End Process.
- Align processes and procedures with best practices and UK, French and Chinese experience.
- Liaise at all levels with the UK nuclear regulator.
- Develop and maintain a set of processes and procedures that support the End to End Process.
- Contribute to the Project Delivery Model for Manufacturing Equipment that incorporates the proposed Manufacturing Control Centre.
- Identify and develop the necessary IT Solutions to support Manufacturing.
- Work with internal stakeholders to maintain alignment with a particular focus on: Expediting, Quality, MIT and Direction Industrial.
- Work with Project Controls and Expediting to ensure a consistent method for progress reporting
- Support delivery of manufacturing across all HPC Programmes
- Be the SME for manufacturing at HPC.
- Support the NNB Genco leadership team in the achievement of all work programmes. This includes forward planning of resources and the provision of a short, medium and long term resource management plan.
Knowledge & Skills - Essential
- Proven track record of manufacture in a nuclear / regulated environment or other similar high integrity industry.
- Knowledge of UK approach to manufacturing
- Evidence of working with UK regulators
- Track record of delivering within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility
- Significant leadership experience
- Demonstrable history of working within safety and quality cultures
- Track record of major project delivery in a technical role
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of the impact of change
- Good presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
Knowledge & Skills - Desirable
- Experience of manufacturing in the UK Nuclear Industry / large infrastructure projects
- Knowledge and Experience of equipment manufacture in an international setting
- Knowledge and Experience of Expediting in an international setting
- Experience of Equipment PWRs, particularly EPRs
- Knowledge of nuclear, power generation or process plant systems
- Familiarity with safety case process and design substantiation
- French and / or Chinese language skills would be beneficial
Qualifications & Experience - Essential
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline
- Chartered Engineer or equivalent professional standing
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment
Qualifications & Experience - Desirable
- Experience of leading teams in a programme-driven project environment
- Member of the Association of Project Management or relevant professional body, or preparedness to become a member
- Practical experience of Nuclear Plant Systems Equipment