Crawley, West Sussex
£19 - £25 per hour
23 days ago
Morson International is looking for Manufactruing Buyer for our client based in Crawley.
Reporting into the Manufacturing Purchasing team Lead, you will be part of a central operations procurement team that supports the business.
Your role in particular will support procurement activities across 3 business units on the Crawley site where you will predominantly be purchasing Communications hardware & Software as well as other requirements on a day to day basis as generated via the ERP system.
What does the job involve?
- Ensure that delivery dates are met and goods conform to quality requirements meeting KPI's for On Time Delivery, Savings and Quality.
- Undertake Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) and performance management for the Suppliers
- Comply with relevant governance, including Delegation Of Authority, Acquisition Log process and Purchase Order approval
- Contribute to the capture and sharing of all site/Hub information required, such as actual and forecast spend, suppliers, performance, current and future requirements.
- Ensure work packages are executed achieving favourable conditions and consistency with technical, program, cost and performance (quality and delivery) requirements
What are we looking for?
- A background in the Procurement of IT Equipment is desirable however we will consider applications from candidates with a background in other manufacturing environments.
- A good communicator with the ability to interface cross-functionally with Engineering, QA, Planning, Manufacturing.
- Experienced in using ERP systems
- Developed negotiation skills
- Self-Starter with well-developed organisational skills
- Ability to interface well and influence effectively including internally and externally with customers, partners and suppliers
Recognising the RESTRICTED nature of the work, suitable candidates will be SC cleared or eligible for this level of clearance.