£30 - £35 per hour + Ltd company
about 1 month ago
Manufacturing Buyer with relevant experience in procurement or supply chain/manufacturing roles is required by our leading defence client in Glasgow. This role will involve remote working 3 - 4 days/week, candidates must be prepared to spend at least one day per week (mid week) on site. The Manufacturing Buyer will ensure the timely availability of materials having regard for quality, technical specification, contractual conditions, inventory levels, material management and total acquisition cost and will be responsible for the creation of Purchase Orders and their subsequent delivery, ensuring effective supplier performance and relationship management.
The role involves but is not limited to the following:
- Interface with relevant Subcontract Managers and Procurement Bids and Project Managers to ensure requirements are met for Bids and Programmes
- Interface with relevant departments to ensure overall supply requirements are met.
- Support Procurement Competence Centres or CBU Procurement Teams in the development of Category Policies
- Preparation, validation and scheduling of purchase orders to achieve appropriate level of material availability by providing a stable and optimised flow to meet the Master Production Schedule or equivalent plan.
- Identify deviations from the requirement plan, take remedial action as necessary to achieve conformance or minimise necessity for rescheduling.
- Maintain lead time and re-order level information in appropriate systems.
- Conduct all activities in accordance with Chorus processes
- Monitor process efficiency including inventory levels, open order book levels, work queues, lead time increases, unmatched invoices etc.
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and reducing time or cost of the end to end supply chain process
Tendering and Negotiation
- Issue Request for Quotations (RFQs) in support of Programme and Bid requirements
- Negotiate purchase pricing and terms and conditions where applicable and where not defined under pre-existing contracts or Category Supplier Frame Agreements
- Flowing down applicable terms and conditions including customer, product or programme specific conditions
- Ensure all acquisitions are in accordance with the applicable Category Policy.
- Agree schedules with suppliers to optimise delivery flow to production
- To consider responsible and sustainable sourcing to identify and mitigate sustainability and compliance risks where applicable.
- Generate and issue Purchase orders utilising the MRPII & Procurement Systems
- Sign and approve purchase orders within Delegation of Authority Limits
- Ensure all PO's reflect any engineering changes, and take into account scrap, re-work and stock levels
- Follow up on POs, registering PO Acknowledgements, checking disparities and letting the Requesting Party know if necessary Dealing with typical disputes with suppliers and escalating major disputes to the relevant stakeholders.
- Dealing with incidents and complaints made by Procurement Requesting Parties
- Ensuring the follow-up of export license requests for Procurement in sensitive situations
- Expedite all open orders to ensure on time delivery, alerting stakeholders to threats of non- performance and updating systems as necessary
- Work with Supplier Quality Assurance to drive supplier performance improvement.
- Support the assessment and appraisal of new and existing suppliers.
- Work with Technical teams to resolve design issues impacting on supplier performance
- Duplicated below
- Determine and manage the export control status of incoming material including the requirement for CECC forms
- Support the preparation and management of reviews with relevant Suppliers (including QBRs).
- Capture and improve supplier performance
- Manage process of supplier returns/non conforming material
- Co-ordinate all invoice and accounts queries relating to purchase orders to assist the orderly flow of cash.
Key Performance Indicators
- Supplier Performance (Delivery/Quality)
- Requisition to Order Time
- On time to need (PO placement and supplier delivery to schedule)
- Repair / Replacement Turn Around Time
- Supplier Payment on Time
- System Lead-time maintenance and accuracy
- Inventory levels
- Computer literacy particularly with respect to MS Office packages and MRP systems.
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Customer (internal and end) focus
- An adequate, but not specialist, understanding of the technical and non-technical requirements.
- The jobholder should be delivery orientated while ensuring the budget and all contractual commitments are met.
- Stakeholder Management Skills
- Ability to build effective relationships with Suppliers
- Ethical awareness and the direct application to delivery of role.
- Proactive approach to work and problem solving
- Proven Negotiation Skills
- Technical and Supply Market knowledge of the Procurement categories relevant to the role.
- Relevant experience in procurement or supply chain/manufacturing roles
- Experienced in using MRP/ERP systems such as Oracle or SAP
- Use of Supplier Relationship and Performance Management techniques and measurement
Displays the following:
- Be able to solve a range of challenging operational issues and be someone who plans ahead.
- Set stretched goals for themselves and their suppliers, prepared to take risks in order to gain competitive advantage for the business.
- Have the ability to work effectively within and across transverse teams, actively seeking synergies and sharing of best practices.
- Work collaboratively in order to enable the function to deliver to business needs.
- Display passion, energy, drive, agility and resilience in achieving ambitious targets under difficult circumstances, capitalising on lessons learned and responding positively to setbacks.
- Use full understanding of internal and external customer needs to contribute to a customer first culture.
- Understand the impact of their performance, and of their suppliers, on company results.
- Have a clear understanding of the global perspective relevant to their role working within the supply market.
- Understands and applies the appropriate use of escalation in the issue resolution process.
- Already studying towards MCIPS,
- Business or Engineering Degree/Qualification or equivalent or willingness to do so.
- Apprenticeship in Purchasing, Supply Chain or relevant technical field
- MCIPS Diploma Certificate (level 6), or equivalent qualifications in other disciplines.
- High standards of numeracy and literacy.
Due to the volume of CVs received if you have not had a response within 48 hours please take it that your application will not be progressed.
Candidates without the required manufacturing buying experience will not be considered.