Up to £45.00 per hour
Sam Mabbott B.Soc Sci
22 days ago
Our client is looking to recruit a Manufacturing Engineer on a 12 Month contract, based in Warrington.
- The main duties of the role will be to take responsibility for delivery of mechanical work package to programme, budget and required quality.
- Effective utilisation of mechanical design resources required to support the Project Mangers in meeting their Project programme work packages and provide reporting information to the Project Manager.
- Ensure appropriate engineering standards are used and that engineering solutions are fit for purpose and achievable.
- Is up to date with the latest technology and has the ability to specify proprietary equipment for use in bespoke design systems.
- Has knowledge of common engineering materials.
- Has working knowledge and experience in applying relevant EH&S issues as required by Legislation.(and applicable Directives).
- Has working experience in CE marking process and specifically contents of Technical File.
- Identify or respond to task variations through formal change control.
- Has working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Has a good knowledge of fabrication techniques.
- Has a good knowledge of achievable manufacturing accuracy,
- Ideally will have some hands on experience.
- Good knowledge of Geometric tolerances, weld symbols, limits and fits, surface finish.
The successful candidate will also be required to
* Established relationships with SMEs
* Establish knowledge of SL manufacturing projects and knowledge of the SL systems
* Capable of making sound decisions based on available information protecting the interests of SL and the Programme
* Understand the significance of the project, the safety implications and the application of ALARP principles in their decision making
* Good communication skills to negotiate responses and manage interfaces between internal stakeholders and external stakeholders
* The ability to understand and translate the complex issues to differing audiences
* Understanding of manufacturing issues for a volume product
* Understanding of Geometric Product Specification (ISO GPS) (BS 8888, 8015 etc.) and its application
* Understanding of modern manufacturing processes incl. machining, welding and metrology
* Understanding of stainless materials, ideally duplex materials.