Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
£26.00 - £29.00 per annum
about 1 year ago
Manual Machinist (XYZ)
Shift pattern - Nights
Monday - Thursday
7:00pm - 4:30am (During busy periods reasonable overtime is to be expected)
An opportunity has become available to join a leading Motorspot client as a Manual Machinist, based in Milton Keynes (Bucks).
The ideal candidate will have experience in a Motorsport or Aerospace environment, and will be able to demonstrate a high level of commitment. The ability to work as part of a small team, in a pressurised environment, whilst ensuring exceptional standards are maintained at all times.
The successful candidate will be responsible for carrying out a wide range of work, including specialised one off repairs on high value components.
Responsibilities and requirements:
* High level of experience using XYZ (Bridgeport ideally) milling machines with ProtoTRAK SMX control, turning and grinding machines.
* Relevant engineering apprenticeship and/or qualification in mechanical engineering.
* Interpret engineering drawings.
* Manufacture component to tight tolerances.
* Competent in using a range of measuring equipment.
* Good interpersonal skills within a developing team environment.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Positive attitude to help drive forward our developing Continuous Improvement culture.
* XYZ lathe knowledge desired but not essential.
If this position is of interest, please apply or contact Matthew Crook on 0161 707 1516