Sheffield, South Yorkshire
6 months ago
Morson International are currently recruiting for a Manual Machinist to join our client, a leading manufacturer who provide into the aerospace sector.
You will be responsible for the machining of sensitive aerospace components so previous experience of this is preferred.
- Work to close tolerance, small batch work, predominantly fixture based in a wide range of aerospace materials such as Jethete, Titanium and Nickel based alloys.
- Ability to learn multiple machines within the business.
- Ability to operate multiple machines where applicable.
- Understanding and ability to interpret engineering drawings.
- Use overhead crane for fixture transportation.
- Understand and be able to follow Batch Card and Standard Working Instructions.
Skills, Experience & Qualification:
- Experience in machining sensitive or critical aerospace components
- Experience in self inspection and recording results of produced components.
- Demonstrate a good level of numeracy / literacy.
- Demonstrate the ability to used multiple control systems.
- Excellent understanding of tooling
- Ability to work part of a team or individually.
- Effective communication skills.
- Understanding of how to follow SWI & procedures.
- Have a questioning attitude to improvements and 5's