Greater Manchester, England
Up to £0.00 per annum + c£20.00 per hour Ltd
7 days ago
The function of the role is to lead and complete planned and reactive maintenance activities to improve overall plant reliability and performance using best practice maintenance techniques.
* Ensure all work undertaken complies with all relevant safety, food safety and quality legislation and with Internal Plant standards.
* Support the plant operations team to resolve equipment issues impacting plant performance, maximising equipment availability
* Participates in practical problem solving owning actions to prevent source of loss reoccurring
* Carries out dynamic risk assessments and participates in formal risk assessments
* Accurately complete all relevant documentation for work completed including data inputting into SAP
* Identifies and communicates potential improvements to equipment to prevent future defects
* Communicates effectively to other members of the engineering, maintenance and operations teams and contributes to individual development through training and coaching of others
* Is knowledgeable about plant performance, shutdown plan and weekly plan progress. Collaborating with team to ensure plan is completed in a timely and effective manner.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
* A recognised time served apprenticeship in mechanical or multi-skilled engineering, including substantial experience in fitting, welding, fabrication, pipe fitting and has good knowledge of HVAC
* Able to demonstrate experience of working within the maintenance function of an FMCG plant food environment
* Able to communicate at all levels within the plant
* Computer literate with experience of the Microsoft Office software suite and SAP