£300.00 - £350.00 per day
3 months ago
We are looking to recruit a Management Accountant reporting to the Operations Finance Manager for a large aerospace/manufacturing company based in Filton. The role is responsible for providing business partnering support to the Wing Assembly and Wing Systems business areas including proactive management & control of the cost base and to develop the financial reporting & accounting systems to meet the business needs.
- Monthly reporting, forecasting & budgeting for Wing Assembly and Wing Systems cost centres.
- Production of internal monthly forecasts & annual budgets for Wing Assembly and Wing Systems deliverables, to ensure that the outputs are challenged & realistic & variances are understood & valid.
- Completion of monthly variance analysis models e.g. margin by deliverable, Direct Materials, balance sheet reconciliations, forecast variances.
- Day to day management of the costbase, ensuring rigorous control, to ensure that spend is monitored, controlled & challenged. Active involvement in business challenge / cost reduction opportunities.
- Supporting the new business & programme accountants to ensure that appropriate & informed decisions are made, with alignment to the local strategy, mission statement & business values
- Preparation, review & present the monthly reporting packs
- Support the capital submissions - DCF modelling, challenge of assumptions and supporting presentation to senior management. Ongoing monitoring of project spend thereafter to ensure that benefits are captured & delivered.
- Run / collate daily and weekly business Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) to form a KPI dashboard and distribute to senior management, driving ownership & continuous improvement.
- Business partner with the Head of Wing Assembly / Wing Systems & their team, supporting any ad hoc requests.
- Develop financial knowledge of non-financial managers within the business as appropriate.
- Assist in the development of finance reporting systems. Fully support and develop continuous improvement activities to ensure that improvements are captured, validate & reported.
- Ensuring adequate financial controls are in place and maintained acting as the conscience of the business ensuring that general controls and processes are adhered to at all times, in line with FRCA.
- Ad hoc reporting & any other duties as required
The successful candidate will be a qualified Accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) with previous experience of working in a fast paced, PLC manufacturing environment. You will have previous working experience of SAP along with excellent standard of computer literacy, particularly in using spread sheets. You will have experience of working to strict deadlines in a demanding and pressured environment.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.