Manchester, Greater Manchester
£38000 - £45000 per annum + bonus, healthcare
2 months ago
Morson Group is the UK's leading technical recruitment agency and talent solutions business and 2019 is its 50th year of trading. Currently turning over in excess of £850 with ambitions to reach the £1bn mark in the coming years, it is a company built on strong and longstanding client relationships, supplying top talent to some of the world's biggest brands.
A new role has been created within the finance team for a Management Accountant to assume full financial reporting responsibility for a newly acquired £50m turnover group business. The hiring manager is keen to hire someone who will contribute to the Excel capabilities within the team so the salary banding has been broadened to accommodate those with Advanced Excel to include macros/VBA.
This is a varied role with the opportunity to develop systems, processes & senior relationships and as such tasks will vary however a selection of these are:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and other financial reports
- Key point of contact for divisional managers
- Line management of 1 part-qualified accountant
- Calculation of monthly sales commissions
- Ensure effective financial controls including monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns, RTI reconciliations
- Overall responsibility for the financial integrity of the businesses
- Interaction with external auditors and preparation of statutory accounts
- Support the wider Management Accounts team in all aspects of the departments deliverables.
Experience and Skills
- Qualified accountant, CIMA or equivalent (minimum 2 years' PQE)
- Experience of full accounts preparation in a large business, ideally with large transactional volumes
- Advanced excel skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of seniority within the business, finance and non-finance
- Commitment to continual improvement
- Tenacity and flexibility and willingness to work as part of a wider team.
You will be joining a team of 11 in Group Finance - a friendly and hardworking mix of qualified accountants and studiers in terrific offices based in Trafford Park.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.