£24.70 - £30.59 per hour
7 months ago
Management Accountant; Location: Scotstoun; Duration: 6 months; Pay £30.59/hr LTD or £24.70/hr PAYE.
We are looking to recruit a Management Accountant to fulfil a 6-month contract based at our client's site near Scotstoun.
The purpose of the role is to drive and deliver critical Continuous Improvement functional processes and plans. Work with functional heads and their teams to control costs within the functions. To aid the functional heads in their production of timely and accurate forecasts and IBP information whilst maintaining a level of challenge to their inputs.
Key Technical Skills
- Proven experience in the timely delivery of management accounts information and reporting and forecasting.
- Good accounting system experience.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Ability to challenge others effectively.
- Proactive in seeking continuous improvement.
- Good communication skills.
- Mature Persuading and influencing skills at all levels.
- Excellent planning, organisational and prioritisation abilities.
- Strong customer focus is essential.
- Track record of successfully delivering change.
- Ability to analyse data and derive relevant management information to enable decision.
- Working within tight timescales with conflicting priorities.
Top 4 Major Tasks and Activities
- Timely delivery into the monthly financial cycle:- to include monthly Preliminary forecasts, monthly review of actual data and commentary detailing and proving the drivers behind P&L and headcount variances.
- Plan, lead and deliver business support continuous improvement activities to maximise the efficiency and performance of the cost base team.
- Work as part of functional teams on a day to day basis, as required, to support and receive key business information to substantiate presented figures.
- Working with the functional budget holder to challenge and influence thinking to ultimately reduce heads and spend and manage to agreed targets, working with senior management on cost saving initiatives.
- Working with the functional heads, lead the creation of a challenging environment for budget reviews, ensuring that these are carried out using standard templates to provide a robust forecast position.
- Provide accurate supply data which reconciles to the business demand for IBP for their area of control.
- Ensure compliance with the Financial Controls Framework and provide leadership on FCF to other areas of the business.
- Liaise with both Internal and External auditors as required and ensure that all their information requirements are met in a timely manner. Close all audit actions within agreed timescales.
- Ensure regular analysis of cost accounts to support tax pack and rates investigations.
Describe with whom the role regularly interfaces
- Provide visible active commitment to SHE - leading by example, acting on SHE concerns
- Integrate SHE into key business decisions
- Regularly makes time for SHE
- Actively communicate on SHE matters - up and down the chain, engaging employees in SHE dialogues
- Regularly review SHE performance as part of the management agenda and takes action to ensure all employees keep safe and work safe
- Input to and variance analysis for Prelims, MMR and associated packs
- Delivery and integration of Continuous Improvement activities
- Provide accurate data to budget holders to allow accurate forecasting
- Compliance with FCF for Cost Base and leadership in other FCF areas as appropriate
- IBP data for cost base, and support in the production of the direct labour rates
Quality Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Accepts responsibility for and demonstrates a visible commitment to Quality. Leads by example and sets high personal standards. Makes time for Quality as an integral part of the role and actively communicates on Quality matters
Demonstrate the following Quality Behaviours
- Understands and complies with Company policies and processes
- Accept responsibility for and demonstrates a visible commitment to Quality
-Always works to the professional standards expected of the role
- Self-checks all own work prior to its release
- When required, checks the work of others
- Strives for "zero defects" and "zero rework" in own work.
- Learns lessons and prevents recurrence
- Understands own Quality performance and actively sets out to improve
- Actively seeks feedback from internal customers
Please note the rate shown is a LTD rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.