£40000 - £50000 per annum
8 months ago
One of the country's leading providers of IT solutions to businesses in the UK currently require an experienced Management Accountant to join their finance function based in Nelson Lancashire.
From device to datacentre, including IT technology and telecommunications, managed services, cloud computing, virtualisation, managed hosting, fixed line voice, mobile, systems, IP networks and complex billing software solutions, this is an exciting opportunity for a Management Accountant to support in a period of transition in the Corporate Services finance team.
This role is ideal for an experienced management accountant who is driven to make tangible improvements in financial reporting and control.
- Develop and consolidate the Capex process, working with the Financial Controller to ensure that controls are in place and business is accountable for spend. This role will be pivotal in the scoping and implementation of a new system and process.
- Manage the capex budget and approvals process, providing financial support through investment appraisal and review of capex requests.
- Support in the preparation of the business's management accounts and balance sheet, with particular focus on gross margin accounting and fixed assets.
- Support Financial Controller with month end submission and reconciliations to group within the Cognos reporting system.
- Produce VAT return and reconciliation to P&L.
- To provide monthly variance analysis vs. prior year, budget and forecast.
- Working with the Head of Finance, and the broader team to identify and explain trends, working towards improved forecasting.
- Working with the divisional financial controller on ad-hoc projects.
- Travel to other office locations required.
- Develop and document robust internal control environment.
- Be vigilant for possible fraudulent activity and if necessary raise a security incident report using the template accessible via the corporate Intranet.
- Periodically review company Security Policies - centrally hosted on the Intranet - to ensure full compliance with current legal, regulatory and company requirements.
- Qualified Accountant of Part-Qualified with strong experience.
- A clear grasp of core accounting.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Excellent communication skills, working with colleagues across the business and broader group.
- Positive and determined attitude - you'll be someone who likes to take ownership.
- Proven ability to prioritise and proactively manage workload to strict deadlines.
- Experience working as part of a large/complex organisation- desirable.
The successful candidate will be a strong accountant professional with the ability to pick up gross margin accounting for networks and fixed assets across the business.