Up to £28.70 per hour
5 months ago
Management Accountant; based in Basildon; 6 month contract; £28.70/hr LTD
A Management Accountant is required to provide support in preparing the consolidated statutory Group Accounts for a defence company based in Basildon. The role will involve liaising with UK & Overseas subsidiaries to gather HR information and consolidate for corporate reporting as well as liaising with Inter-company subsidiaries to agree quarter end balances for receivable/payable/sales & purchases. Provide support to divisional reporting teams in the financial control and reporting of their management accounts. Preparation of financial information for Insurance premium calculations and assist in audit requirements.
The successful candidate will be an experienced accountant ideally qualified in either (ACMA/ACA/ACCA) or AAT finalist/Qualified By Experience. Excellent computer skills are required including Microsoft Office, SAP, Hyperion Financial Management. You will have dealt with issues facing an engineering or manufacturing business with the ensuring conventions around WIP
Duties will involve;
- Reconciliation of Monthly management accounts for review with VP finance
- Inputs to Hyperion Financial Management for full divisional financial information.
- Preparation of monthly trial balance journals for UK subsidiaries
- Maintenance of Nominal ledger journals, prepayments/accruals, inter-company balances
- Produce consolidated HR schedules and verify against trial balance information
- Involvement in various aspects of the annual budget preparation
- Working on enhancements to and improvements of processes in the business software systems
- Adherence to company policy, IAS standards and Group instructions.
- Support audit requirements including Law 262
The successful candidate will have the ability to work under pressure and prioritise workloads effectively. You will be able to manage large volumes of data and create business information from that data. Good attention to detail and good communication skills are required. You will be well organised and have a flexible approach to meeting deadlines.
Please note the pay rate advertised is a LTD rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.