Up to £21.66 per hour
4 months ago
A new opportunity is now available as a Management Accountant within an Aerospace and Defence company. You will be required to support the Finance Manager and the Business Facing FD. This is a key role within the business with a focus on increased controls around budgeting, forecasting and reporting.
To liaise with the Defence Shared Service team (SSC), SAP SSC, Operations and Senior Management teams. Role is link between Finance and the contract. Cost drivers from the production operations need to be properly understood and communicated in the business.
Reporting to the Finance Manager and will be responsible for the financial management of the contract or site's finances.
This will include:
- Reporting of the contract or site monthly accounts, budgets, forecasts and strategic plans
- Deputising for the Finance Manager when required
- Key member of contract/site' Business Facing Finance team
- Supporting identified continuous improvement projects on behalf of the Finance function
- Identifying opportunities to improve the service.
- Assist in the production of timely and technically accurate contract/site accounts, budgets, forecasts and strategic plans including variance analysis
- Reports and presentations for the Business Facing Finance Director including liaison with contract/site stakeholders.
- Assist in producing monthly management accounts including site commentaries
- Assist in providing financial support to achieve key performance measurement and efficiency targets
- Reconcile operational data to that reflected in the accounts and on other ancillary source data systems
- Prepare customer facing balance sheet control account reconciliations and rectification actions required to resolve
- Prepare contract specific journals
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly contract review presentations identifying future opportunities and risks
- Production of revenue reconciliation between billed and unbilled revenue for their contract/site
- Reconciliation monthly of contract order book
- Assist in providing contract/site analysis as required
- Providing input to and support of internal and external audit requirements.
- Ensure integrity of accounting data via robust, timely transactional processing and review processes for management information in an ERP environment
- Establish, create and maintain appropriate processes to ensure effective financial and business controls.
Technical Experience and Qualifications
- Recognised professional qualification
- Ability to understand and manipulate data to present clear and concise financial messages for review.
- Ability to ensure deadlines and targets are achieved or surpassed.
- Extensive experience in the use of Microsoft Office 2010 suite of applications including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio and Outlook.
- Experience of Finance IT applications (e.g. SAP, NAV (Navision, IFS etc.)
Skills / Other Requirements
- Excellent communication skills particularly communication at senior levels and with the ability to clearly communicate financial information to non-Finance managers and staff.
- Strong organisational skills required and ability to work under pressure achieving quality and deadlines.
- Up to date knowledge of Financial Accounting framework and that of the Regulating Bodies.
- Ability to provide added value analytical information to support the decision-making process of the business.
- A good eye for detail
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits; SC;