Up to £0.00 per annum
4 months ago
Management Accountant , Defence, Contract, Stoke Gifford
This role will be supporting the Head of Finance / Finance Manager in managing the financial performance of the business stream (including financial support to projects), the maintenance of the general ledger and associated financial systems to ensure the application of robust financial governance in accordance with Group policies and procedures.
Principal Accountabilities / Main Tasks will typically include:
- Finance support to projects/ cost centre.
- Production of detailed quarterly forecast and budget information for projects/ cost centres.
- Running the monthly period end accounting process in respect to specific costs centres / projects.
- Posting period end accruals.
- Monitoring and understanding financial performance and variances against budgets and forecasts.
- Production of monthly financial reporting data for the Key Account for both internal and external consumption.
- Opening and maintaining project codes.
- Maintaining standing data held in the finance system.
- Provide ad hoc financial support to cost centre / project managers.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Part / Fully Qualified Accountant (this can be through experience)
- Experience with systems - SAP experience would be advantageous
- Looking for an analytical, highly detailed individual with advanced Excel skills. Someone who enjoys solving system problems and getting to the heart of the reconciliation.
- Potential for role to go permanent