Up to £55000.00 per annum
10 days ago
Morson International (Accountancy and Finance Division)
We are currently assisting out client with their recruitment to the position of Management Accountant (12 Month Fixed Term Contract).
Temporary Management Accountant
Some Key Responsibilities:
* Provide accurate financial information to the business
* Be accountable for the scope of responsibilities, owning the numbers and the outcome of the analyses provided
* Be customer-focused and performance oriented
* Support the internal customers of the business
* Still challenging them to achieve the company's finance targets and apply the financial rules (accounting and controls)
* Support the Business Controller in the monthly closing process
* Manage the project accounting responsibilities, especially:
* Sales and margin recognition
* Highlight programme risks and opportunities in conjunction with Programme Managers
* Budget control
* Support and challenge Program managers on their monthly forecast and cost improvement initiatives
* Prepare the monthly cross functional reviews
* Ensuring effective Credit Control
* Reconcile advance payments and suspense debts
* In conjunction with the Engineering and Marketing Directors, perform monthly reviews and forecasts for R&D and Bids & Proposals
* Support the Business Controller in the preparation and co-ordination of the annual budget and the 5-year strategic plan.
* ERP: ability to interrogate the IFS system and assist in problem solving issues/testing new processes across business functions
* Supporting the Bidding process to ensure that the appropriate financial documentation has been completed correctly and that all appropriate financial risks and opportunities have been highlighted
* Support preparation and submission of Ministry of Defence rates and programme cost certificates
* Supporting the Business Controller in continuously improving the company's financial controls and reporting systems
* Treasury - ensure all hedges are in place for foreign currencies
* Suggest initiatives to improve management of working capital
* Educate line and project managers to ensure that correct financial procedures are followed and that all areas of the business understand the financial implications of their decisions
* Liaising with internal and external customers including HMRC and internal and external auditors, where appropriate.
* Qualified(CIMA/ACCA) with at least 5 years' experience in a finance role.
* Good communicator with strong attention to detail
* Strong analytical skills
* Results orientated team player
* Able to multi-task and adapt to changing priorities in a busy working environment.
* Self-motivated and curious with the ability to work autonomously and motivate others throughout the business
* Computer literacy, Microsoft office packages especially Excel (vlookup, pivot tables and sumifs)
* Strong experience of ERP Systems. IFS (incl Business Analytics) and SAP BPC are a plus
Candidates must hold or be able to achieve the required level of security clearance