Up to £23.00 per hour
10 months ago
Management Accountant; Filton; Contract 6 months; £23.00/hr PAYE; 37.5 HOURS
To provide finance and decision support for programme reporting and commercial bids across the company sites;
1. Provide finance support for Programme Managers enhancing the quality of reporting and management information to improve understanding of financial performance and facilitate better/more timely decision making.
2. Prepare reports for Programme Managers to support monthly Programme reviews with European leadership team, ensuring understanding of the pertinent business/performance issues.
3. Act as primary finance support for new business bids to ensure robust and credible financial assessment is included in all bid proposals - to include provision of suitable hourly rates to be used in bid assessments.
4. Develop and implement controls, processes and reporting to incorporate new business elements including major projects for handover to Operations Finance team as "base" business.
5. Provide inputs for the monthly financial forecast, budgets and strategic plan in respect of programmes where not captured by base business/Operations Finance team, ensuring relevant business input and "buy-off".
6. Responsibility for all financial assessment, validation and reporting of projects that mitigate contractual price reductions to customers eg via productivity improvements, technology projects and make v proposals.
7. Provide financial support for robust reviews ensuring that they are led by Programme Managers to identify if corrective action is required. Perform impairment reviews and reporting in accordance with Divisional & Group reporting requirements.
8. Compliance with all risk assessments and company Environment, Health & Safety Procedures relevant to all work activities. Reporting of all incidents, accidents and near misses as per the Company's procedure & implementation of corrective actions. Maintain good standards of housekeeping in designated work areas.
9. Export Control - Champion "Export Control" compliance activities, ensuring adherence to the site "Technology Control Plan (TCP)", guaranteeing compliance with Export Control Regulations, controls, training and systems.
Qualifications and Skills
Essential - Graduate with professional accounting qualification (eg ICAEW, ACCA, CIMA) or graduate with equivalent and related professional qualifications
Specific Functional Capability, Knowledge and Skills Required
1. Proactive self-starter - ability to work with limited supervision and to deadlines, to be able to determine potential solutions when presented with problems/challenging scenarios
2. Strong attention to detail - role will prepare reports presented to senior executives within Europe
3. Good understanding of discounted cash flow modelling and financial assessment of different business options
4. Articulate communicator with ability to establish credibility across other functions, ability to challenge in a professional manner and to pitch a message at the right level for the audience
5. Ability to manage multiple deliverables and prioritise - reporting/support of monthly Programme reviews will lead to information requests from multiple Programme Manager against the same deadline
6. Results orientated - to operate with a sense of urgency
7. Proficient user of Microsoft Office - especially Excel & PowerPoint
8. Previous experience in a fast paced PLC environment
9. Experience of complex business operating systems eg SAP
Experience of working within the Manufacturing sector
Based at Filton with occasional visits to nearby site
Morson is acting as a recruitment business in relation to this vacancy.