Manchester, Greater Manchester
8 months ago
12 Month fixed term contract
Negotiable salary with bonus and additional benefits
Morson are the UK's leading technical recruitment agency, with 50 years' experience, a turnover in excess of £850 million and offices across the world, we supply engineers and technical expertise to some of the world's biggest brands.
Reporting into the Senior Management Accountant, The Management accountant will be responsible for preparing financial information for two trading companies of the Group.
The day to day duties of the role will include -
- Assisting in preparation of monthly management accounts and branch accounts
- Owning certain branch accounts which will include posting sales ledger, cash books, payroll and withholding tax. By working with Branch Managers, you will understand and provide commentary on P&L movements.
- Preparing weekly reports for distribution to senior management
- Reconciling Business Intelligence data to general ledger data
- Calculating monthly sales commissions
- Calculating client rebates
- Balancing sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Supporting the wider Management Accounts team in all aspects of the department's deliverables
What we are looking for -
- A passionate and hardworking individual with a strong background and knowledge of Management accounts.
- Part-Qualified accountant, CIMA or equivalent or QBE
- Experience of full accounts preparation in a large business, ideally with large transactional volumes
- Strong excel skills (VLOOKUP, SUMIF and pivot tables are a minimum requirement)
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of seniority within the business, finance and non-finance
- Commitment to continual improvement
- Tenacity and flexibility and willingness to work as part of a wider team.
Morson International is an equal opportunities employer and respects diversity. In order to apply for this role, you must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
The Morson Group is committed to equal opportunities.
The Morson Group is signed up to the Jobcentre employment service's 'Disability Confident Scheme'. This means that any applicant considering themselves to have a disability and who meet the essential criteria for the job (see person specification) will be guaranteed an interview.
We are actively seeking to increase the diversity of our workforce to reflect the local community.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion