£39000.00 - £42500.00 per annum
8 months ago
Morson International (Accountancy and Finance Division). Assisting with our clients recruitment for a Management Accountant (Qualified) based in Cheshire.
Reporting to the Financial Controller.
Previous experience of working within a manufacturing facility (essential). Good interpersonal skills (liaising with shopfloor and office staff/colleagues).
Deliver accurate reportinginto site profitability on a weekly basis with the ability to understand the variances reported. Provide insight and analysis in order to drive improved productivity.
- Production of weekly and period end accounts and dashboard/metrics
- Support the Financial Controller in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts
- Analysis and control of overhead expenditure, including regular reviews with budget holders of variances to budget
- Prepare ad-hoc reporting and analysis as required to help maximise the financial performance of the business
- Actively contribute to continuous improvement of operational analysis and management information for the business
2. Manufacturing Analysis
- Provide regular insightful analysis on waste and other manufacturing variances
- Work closely with the business to implement bakery operation process improvements to increase quality of analysis and insight into manufacturing variances
- Work alongside the Financial Controller to challenge the business using data and insight in order to drive variance reduction
3. Product Costing
- Take ownership of the end to end costing process holding various departments to account for their inputs (i.e. sales, product development, procurement, operations)
- Run the quarterly costing update working closely with commercial to provide understanding to changes in product margins
- Master data setup and costing of routine new products
4. Systems/Master Data
- Be accountable for SAP master data, e.g. customers, suppliers, products
- Be the initial point of contact for SAP queries across the business, working with group helpdesk where necessary
CIMA or ACCA Qualified
Educated to degree level (desirable)
IT literate - advanced Excel skills
Experience using SAP - essential
Previous manufacturing accounting and costing experience