Up to £32.00 per hour
3 months ago
A temporary vacancy has arisen for a Management Accountant within a Indirect Taxation finance team supporting the Production Director for a large aerospace manufacturing company based near Blackburn.
The finance team provides support to Production Managers and their teams to understand the financial impact of their business decisions and operations, consolidating feedback and input as required to support the wider cost management of the business area.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the main responsibilities as Management Accountant will include;
- Completion of monthly business cost reporting packs for individual business areas and review with the operational management teams
- Completion and distribution of weekly information in relation to hours booking anomalies and support to understand and rectify route cause issues
- Support to the US cost re-forecasting process
- Support to the application of financial controls processes applicable to cost and capital management.
- Support the Finance Manager and Senior Management Accountant with ad hoc queries and requirements as requested.
As the vacancy has arisen partly to support redevelopment of some routine reporting processes following deployment of a new Enterprise Resource Planning system and partly due to sickness absence, it is expected that the role will evolve over its duration.
The successful applicant will have strong systems skills including knowledge of Excel. Good communication skills are important to quickly develop working relationships with business customers. You will also have the ability to work independently or as part of a team and pro-actively contribute to the team environment including adaptability and flexibility to evolving requirements. You will be able to work to tight deadlines whilst maintaining a high degree of accuracy. Previous management accounting experience including variance analysis would be an advantage.
Duties will involve;
- To update and support business managers to understand routine reporting of costs against budget and forecast
- To support business areas to update forecast information as required
- To support finance consolidated reporting requirements with commentaries for variances
- To maintain application of financial controls in place for the protection of the business
Please note the pay rate advertised is a LTD pay rate.
Morson is acting as an employment business in relation to this vacancy.
CIMA; ACCA; FCCA; ACMA; GCMA; ACA; AAT; project accountant; management accountant; reporting accountant; finance manager; finance controller; FPA; forecasting; audits;