Stockport, Greater Manchester
£30000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
16 days ago
Leading Stockport based Telecommunication business based in Stockport are looking for an experienced Team manager to join their successful Collections and Enquiries team.
Key Objective - Managing an operational team to deliver against targets for cash collection, debt reduction, and positive customer experience. Contribution and accountability to support overall function's delivery of c.£12bn cash collection and resolution of c.20k enquiries per annum across multiple products/ CFU's.
You will have responsibility within Group Customer Billing for managing a team to deliver against targets for cash collection, debt reduction and customer experience on behalf of the Group and its customers.
- You will strive to achieve or exceed Group Customer Billing and team targets and to deliver a high quality service for internal and external customers.
- You will be responsible for the leadership, management, and performance of a complex team, ensuring the team achieve set targets appropriate for their role. Targets will be set against cash, debtors, customer satisfaction, quality and productivity.
- You will be required to deliver against all scorecard and KPI measures whilst delivering value for money to their stakeholders as well as providing a first class billing service to tehe business' customers.
- You will be expected to run a high performance culture across your team and expected to motivate, coach and lead all team members to deliver optimum performance.
- You will have full responsibility for the end to end commercial and performance management of your team as well as a duty of care to the people you manage.
- Through robust and professional management you will be expected to work collaboratively across various CFU's and with other stakeholder communities across the business.
- Cash Collection - Leadership and operational management of a team of people to ensure collection of invoices worth between £50m-£120m per month for the business. Collect c.85/88% of all revenue due per period.
- Overdue Debt - Accountable for the reduction of overdue debt to improve cash flow within the business and minimise the bad debt provision necessary. Reduce overdue/90+ debtors month on month.
- Productivity - Accountable for target to drive outbound call volumes/increase promised payments
- Customer Experience - Accountable for delivering an excellent customer experience through relationships held with all customers to ensure that they are delighted with the service received from Group Customer Billing. Demonstrate improvements in Customer Experience through action against feedback gathered via Medallia
- Quality - Accountability to ensure quality contacts to all customers through coaching against enquiries/contacts and review of inbound and outbound calls to meet expected standard. Measure productivity and compliance through systems available to
Skills Required for the Job
- Highly motivated with the ability to motivate and influence others
- A well-established background in Collections with a good understanding of the business' products with excellent credit control knowledge/customer relationship skills
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal with strong numeracy skills and financial understanding
- Strong understanding of stakeholders and obligations whilst managing expectations with strong competency to deliver presentations both internally and externally.
- Experience of working with Operational teams e.g. credit control, commercial finance.
- Good team building skills and able to work with a wider virtual team to improve performance at all levels
- Comfortable with change and able to drive new initiatives whilst engaging and supporting their team
- Effective negotiation and problem solving experience, plus the ability to manage conflict well
- Hard working, results oriented with a credible track record of successful cash/debt/enquiry resolution
- Able to utilise resource effectively and efficiently in order to prioritise and manage work-flows
- Established and proven relationships with customers, stakeholders and internal teams.
- Able to prioritise effectively, meet changing and flexible priorities positively and work unsupervised
- Excellent leadership and motivational skills with the ability to drive a team to deliver exceptional customer service whilst eradicating any customer dissatisfaction.
- Follows Group Customer Billing strategy and working practises and all authorisation elements within, works
- Experience in the Credit Management, Collections and Billing environment
- In depth understanding of customer billing, Collections and Enquiries functions
- Evidence of delivering against cash/forecasting targets/managing complex customers in relation to billing
- Evidence of successfully improving and maintaining a positive customer experience
- Evidence of financial and accounting skills
- Able to work to flexible and challenging targets to achieve the required cash flow into the business
- CICM and ICS level 3 qualified or working towards (Desirable)
- Proven experience and practice of Continuous Improvement methodology (Desirable)
- Fully proficient in range of Microsoft office software, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word etc