Manchester, Greater Manchester
£50000.00 - £60000.00 per annum + competitive package
10 months ago
The £1bn investment on the Manchester Airport Transformation Programme (MAN-TP) represents the most significant programme of investment ever made in Manchester Airport and will see the campus developed to provide a world class operation, with significant enhancements to current facilities and major improvements to the customer experience.
To support this large scale project MAN-TP are looking for an Procurement Manager (IT)
MAN TP Procurement Manager (IT)
£50-60k + competitive package (bonus, pens.)
To provide functional support to the IT Commercial & Contracts Lead and be responsible for the provision of a full range of contracts formulation duties professional and consultancy services contracts, procuring contracts to budget and schedule, and assisting in the contracts administration of the contracts as required, whilst ensuring that sound commercial governance, control and alignment to business plan objectives is maintained.
The role holder will be required to:
- Undertake the contracts formulation of the IT spend, either framework call off or non-framework
- Undertake minor ad hoc procurement services and is to assist with the contracts administration of the IT category, carrying out the following duties and responsibilities under NEC3
- Pre-market engagement with consultants to resolve potential procurement issues and strengthen the procurement process.
- Prepare OJEU notices, including Calls for Competition, as required in compliance with the EU procurement directives.
- Prepare pre-qualification documents and managing pre-qualification processes, including selection of tenderers.
- Prepare framework and non-framework tender documentation, based on NEC3 and bespoke forms of contract, including Invitation to Tenders, Request for Proposals and other documents.
- Manage preparation of scopes of work required for tender and contract documentation, including co-ordinating technical document reviews.
As an ideal candidate for our Procurement Manager (IT) you will be ideally degree educated, and either MCIPS, or MRICS, or equivalent qualifications. You will be a Good procurement and contracts all-rounder with a minimum 5 years relevant contracts formulation experience with a proven track record of undertaking procurement of IT and related spends, and 2/ 3 years relevant experience of administering significant value. Commercially astute, able to develop procurement strategies and be a strong negotiator, you will also be an excellent team player with ability to work closely with others to deliver results.