Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
28 days ago
Position: Major Incident Manager
Location: Milton Keynes
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF JOB:
o To coordinate the activities and follow the processes required to deliver and manage major incidents at agreed levels to business users and customers.
o Responsible for the governance and on-going management of restoration teams who manage the technology used to deliver and support services. These teams can be either internal support teams or third party partners and vendors.
o Is responsible for ensuring that routine tasks such as SMS and written communications are sent, ITSM ticketing system and dashboards are updated and all relevant reports are completed.
o Completion of input to Daily, Weekly and Monthly service reviews and monthly contractual reporting.
o Chair conference calls in an attempt to coordinate technical restoration activities and provide management updates on major incidents
* Manage the delivery of service through the use of Service Restoration Teams and management calls.
* To provide targeted, timely and useful information on planned and unplanned outages that allows the business to understand the impact of each unplanned outage and take the appropriate action.
* Governance of suppliers to ensure recovery of service to service level agreements
* Support implementation of new and existing processes for management of Major Incident Service Restoration and Communications.
BUSINESS EXPERTISE (company/industry knowledge):
* Extensive knowledge of IT Industry from Enterprise perspective
* Confident communication & service excellence skills
* Broad knowledge of Customer organisation and priorities
* Experience in a service desk environment with team leader or management duties.
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED (qualifications/experience):
* A strong leader who can work in a sometimes stressful operational role where restoration of service is paramount
* Strong communication skills: oral, written, presentation, facilitation
* Technical understanding with ability to translate into business impact
* ITIL lifecycle experience (particularly Operations)