Up to £28.42 per hour
4 months ago
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF JOB:
o To coordinate the activities and follow the processes required to deliver and manage major incidents at agreed levels to business users and customers.
o Responsible for the governance and on-going management of restoration teams who manage the technology used to deliver and support services. These teams can be either internal support teams or third party partners and vendors.
o Is responsible for ensuring that routine tasks such as SMS and written communications are sent, ITSM ticketing system and dashboards are updated and all relevant reports are completed.
o Completion of input to Daily, Weekly and Monthly service reviews and monthly contractual reporting.
o Chair conference calls in an attempt to coordinate technical restoration activities and provide management updates on major incidents
o Prepare post incident reports and raise re-active problem tickets where appropriate
o Attend weekly CAB
o Liaise with transition teams and Early Life Support teams re new projects and services
· Manage the delivery of service through the use of Service Restoration Teams and management calls.
· To provide targeted, timely and useful information on planned and unplanned outages that allows the business to understand the impact of each unplanned outage and take the appropriate action.
· Governance of suppliers to ensure recovery of service to service level agreements
· Support implementation of new and existing processes for management of Major Incident Service Restoration and Communications.
BUSINESS EXPERTISE (company/industry knowledge):
· Extensive knowledge of IT Industry from Enterprise perspective
· Confident communication & service excellence skills
· Broad knowledge of Customer organisation and priorities
· Experience in a service desk environment with team leader or management duties.
FUNCTIONAL KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED (qualifications/experience):
· A strong leader who can work in a sometimes stressful operational role where restoration of service is paramount
· Strong communication skills: oral, written, presentation, facilitation
· Technical understanding with ability to translate into business impact
· ITIL lifecycle experience (particularly Operations)