6 months ago
Constructs, maintains, and tests mechanical equipment, machinery, and components. Identifies parts for replacement and machines that need new parts and places orders as necessary. Requires a high school diploma or its equivalent. May be required to complete an apprenticeship and/or formal training in area of speciality. May require related experience and able to show proven capabilities in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Works under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgement. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
* To be responsible for carrying out efficient, timely responses to emergency, planned and reactive works as detailed by line manager.
* Managing, planning and implementing of an annual site specific maintenance programme, including short-term cyclical, planned and reactive maintenance plans.
* Ensure that daily, weekly, monthly checks and inspections on facilities are carried out in line with laid down procedures. Ensuring that the written documentation out lining these checks and maintenance work is accurate and up to date.
* Ensure that equipment, materials and documentation required to undertake these tasks are prepared in good time to enable an efficient service, and to minimise downtime on equipment and facilities.
* Manage all external contractors and agencies engaged by the Society to perform maintenance tasks in line with Honeywell induction procedures.
* Communicates to client departments, suppliers and contractors in regards to facilities maintenance requests and services. Ensure that appropriate information on progress, status of job and any known issues likely to cause delay is given.
* Performs contractor declarations and monitors safety
* Performs handyman services
* Performs manual handling tasks
* Working alongside the HSEF Leader to procure site specific facilities contracts with various external contractors.