9 months ago
Morson has an exciting opportunity for two Maintenance Technicians for a Permanent role working for a Major Aerospace Company in Yeovil, Somerset.
Maintain and repair all manufacturing plant, equipment and CNC production assets as part of an existing maintenance team.
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
* Carry out both electrical and mechanical repairs to all types of plant and equipment in a safe, timely and professional manner.
* Assist in the development of planned preventative maintenance schedules (PPM).
* Carry out PPM schedules as necessary and planned work orders as required.
* Operate maintenance Elevated Working Platform as required.
* Assist visiting specialist engineers when necessary.
* Report breakdown root cause, equipment faults and concerns to Maintenance Manager, Maintenance Leader and IMS Administrator.
* Make full use of the Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS).
* Plan / prioritise workload to support production and ensure efficient use of working time.
* Fill in job tickets / CMMS on completion of work.
* Manufacture spare parts as required (Simple Bracketry Gaskets etc…) using lathes, milling machines, welding equipment, etc.
* Typical example of work would be to respond to maintenance request for equipment fault, diagnose fault repair and return equipment to operational service. All work to be carried out operating in a safe and efficient manner. (A process of dynamic risk assessment is operated).
* Identify spares requirements and control / log usage.
* Assist with the moving, installation, re positioning of machines and equipment.
Qualifications & Experience:
* Mechanical / Electrical based apprenticeship with City & Guilds or equivalent qualifications.
* Proven experience working with both relay logic and PLC / CNC control systems.
* The successful candidate must have the ability to work on their own and also be a fully integrated member of a team.
* Extensive experience as a qualified maintenance / service engineer operating in an industrial environment (Preferably in the aerospace sector).
Please send cv or ring Sue Orr on 01935 403205 for more information