Our client in the Greater Manchester area currently have an opportunity for a Multiskilled Technician to join their business on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will work as part of the Maintenance team as a mechanically focused technician with some multi-skilled duties.This is an excellent opportunity to work as part of a highly skilled maintenance team to ensure the reliable operation of the plant assets.
* To provide mechanical support to the maintenance department in order to carry out repairs on all plant equipment and associated equipment in safe, timely and efficient manner
* Complete maintenance work orders generated by the Maintenance & Reliability Management System
* Carry out other support maintenance work when required
* Ensure all machinery and equipment on site is both mechanically and electrically safe
* Support and Promote Behavioural safety
* Work with production closely when investigating failures.
* Generate safety permits when required and provide first line supervision to all contractor activity
* Provide feedback and improvement on work done & ideas on the Maintenance & Reliability Management System
* Served recognised Mechanical or Multi Skilled Apprenticeship
* HNC or equivalent qualification in maintenance engineering
* Experience with a Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS), preferably SAP
* Basic electrical skills
* Ability to prioritise and manage time effectively
* Committed to continuous development
* Commitment to health and safety procedures, risk systems, permit to work procedures and condition auditing
* Good communication skills
* Experience of working in a continuous process manufacturing plant or environment
* Experience managing contractors- preferred
* Experience with LEAN manufacturing principles- preferred
* Experience with condition monitoring technology.
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist