Salary on Application
5 months ago
Morson Technical Services are currently looking to recruit a Maintenance Technician in the Portsmouth area. This will be a home based position with regular travel.
To undertake preventative maintenance and restoration work to the deployed Systems. The Maintenance Technician operates within a defined geographic area and as such undertakes regular travel and employs good use of communications technologies to maintain contact with team members and Customers.
The Maintenance Technician works with the Planned Maintenance Engineer to maintain Customer Systems in between site operations meaning the work can be normal business hours, night working and some weekend work.
* Support the Planned Maintenance Engineer undertaking preventative maintenance activities of all Systems within their region
* Support the Planned Maintenance Engineer in undertaking cleaning and visual inspection of a variety of technology-based equipment (both indoors and outside)
* Support the Planned Maintenance Engineer in undertaking System assurance testing to maintain correct operation of equipment
* Identification and reporting of early System warning signs that if unresolved, could result in System failure
* Support the Planned Maintenance Engineer undertaking the System Maintenance regime as detailed in the relevant documentation
* Support the Planned Maintenance Engineer undertaking System safety checks including electrical safety checks
* Support the Planned Maintenance Engineer in the generation and submission of reports of work undertaken
* May be required to assist in occasional System repair activities
* Take responsibility for the maintenance and security of the vehicle, tools, equipment and spare assets entrusted to their care by the Company
* Accurately record and submit (within a timely manner) all routine documentation including visit reports, timesheets and other related administration
* Maintain relevant passes for access to Customer Sites as required (i.e. Airside passes)
* Provide ad-hoc Support to Field Support Engineers in resolution of incidents that require a Cheery Picker
* Any other reasonable requests from the business.
Applicants will be required to have the following knowledge:
* Basic IT knowledge
* Willingness to take on new challenges combined with the ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment
* Must be confident working at heights (IPAF License desirable)
Additional / special features of the role
* Role demands regular travel and good use of communications technologies to maintain contact with team members and customers
* May also require occasional travel outside of the assigned region to support other Teams
Due to the nature of the role applicants will be required to gain a Security Clearance (SC).