Liverpool, Merseyside, N. W. England, England
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum
4 days ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Technician to join our client's site based in the Liverpool area.
The Maintenance Technician will be responsible for providing a safe, proactive, flexible and comprehensive maintenance and engineering service for site operations and associated facilities including the main production plants, utility systems, distribution systems and other equipment located across the location.
- Complete maintenance tasks in a professional manner.
- Carry out fault diagnosis and reporting.
- Pro-actively identify ways to make improvements and propose implementation.
- Ensure manuals and drawings etc are kept up to date.
- Complete predictive and preventative maintenance schedules.
- Record maintenance activities through CMMS system following clear and concise feedback.
- Report plant abnormalities through CMMS system.
- Make decisions within a self managed environment based on sound technical and commercials reasons.
- Ensure plant and equipment is operational to meet customer and business requirements.
- Participate in the training of other engineers and technicians in the use and maintenance of equipment.
- HNC or equivalent
- Time served apprenticeship
Essential Skills / Experience:
- Mechanical Bias
- Be able to follow and comply with Permit Systems
- Be able to develop, follow and comply with Risk Assessments and job procedures
- Understand COSHH requirements
- Understand and follow safety procedures such as scaffold tags, mechanical isolations
- Expereince with Electrical fault diagnosis on motors, Welding, Pneumatics and hydraulics, Valves, Pumps, Gearboxes, Filtration Systems, Rotary Locks, Centrifuges, Rigging and Slinging, Drive Transmission Systems (pulleys, belts, chain drives), Pipeline maintenance
- Laser alignment skills
- Experience of Predictive Technologies such as Vibration Monitoring, Oil Analysis, Thermal Imagining, Ultrasound (preferred, not essential)