Up to £25.50 per hour
about 1 month ago
An opportunity has arisen for a Support Engineering within the Typhoon Maintenance and Upgrade (TMU) team within Typhoon Maintenance Facility. The TMU team is a multifunctional partnered team working to remove issues from the operational environment liaising with all areas required in order to resolve any related issues.
The job role will involve working within the TMU support Team for Typhoon based on site at RAF Coningsby. The role requires engineering standards to be maintained to the satisfaction of the client's internal and external customers and provide guidance and support in line with the business needs. This requires the candidate to co-ordinate working practices to develop and deliver a maintenance sequence capturing all planned and emergent requirements to the correct airworthy standard.
Main tasks will involve the definition, introduction and update of upgrade and maintenance planning for the RAF base(s). This being to the highest possible standard in order to support the RAF shop floor.
- Ensure engineering standards are maintained.
- Provide guidance and support to maintenance activities in line with the business needs.
- Ensure that all related Manufacturing Engineering queries are resolved.
- Control Emergent work through the Typhoon Availability Service business on-base.
- Load unplanned work and Statement of Work package as required through the IMS toolset.
- Support and control the As Maintained build of the aircraft from the Statement of Work.
- Manage aircraft lifing with close liaison with Technical Document area.
- Shop Floor Liaison.
- Actively seek Continuous Improvements to the build line.
- Ensure the governance controls are inplace to ensure that all activities are completed to the correct airworthy standards in line with the MAOS regulations.
- Experience of upgrade and servicing aircraft would be desirable along with Typhoon product knowledge and toolset
Aircraft experience, within an engineering background is required preferably on the Typhoon. A good knowledge of company procedures and the ability to communicate with internal and external customers regarding engineering queries is desirable.