4 months ago
Responsible for the creation of safe and effective written schemes of undertaking plant maintenance tasks; to cover all aspects of planned maintenance routines, emergent breakdown repairs and modifications / minor projects for shutdown and overhaul events.
Maintenance Task Definition
Review Engineering Data, Installation, Operation & Maintenance Manuals, Engineering Drawings and Plant Visits to determine and understand the full scope of the maintenance task to be undertaken.
Develop Method Statement
Create a task specific method statement that defines the best practice step by step methodology for executing the task.
Alongside the methodology the appropriate resource requirements and time lines will be assessed and defined.
Undertake Task Risk Assessment
Produce a thorough risk assessment that is specific to the developed method statement to ensure that the appropriate controls are detailed to ensure the execution is safe and utilises best practices at all times.
Review Maintenance Plan
Review the developed written scheme (RAMS) execution post implementation with the resource undertaking the task and ensure all continuous improvements are captured into an updated version for nest time.
Skills & Experience Required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to write clear and concise instructions.
- IT Competent, especially familiar with MS Excel
- Sound knowledge and understanding of relevant health, safety and environmental regulatory requirements.
- A well organised and self-motivated person with the ability to proactively manage their own time.
- A high attention to detail is essential for this role.
- Basic knowledge of continuous improvement systems and tools.
- Basic knowledge of contamination control / security systems and procedures would be beneficial.
- Time-served mechanical, electrical or instrument technician with hands on experience in a chemical / process plant. Familiarity with the maintenance of typical process equipment (pumps, motors, electrical distribution, valves, vessels, piping systems, instruments and loops).
- Experience of defining job plans and risk assessment (RAMS).
Recognised engineering apprenticeship, together with HNC / NVQ (Level3) and/or City and Guilds qualification.