about 2 months ago
Responsible for the safe and effective planning of all plant maintenance tasks. The primary responsibility is to produce Written Schemes of Maintenance that define a safe and efficient methodology for all maintenance tasks, this includes day-to-day routines, break down maintenance and major shutdown events. There will be a significant amount of contract management included within the role and liaison with internal and external service suppliers.
Maintenance Task Definition:
- Carry out site visits to determine job scope, appropriate method, timescale and resource requirements
- Produce thorough Task Risk Assessments and Method Statements (RAMS) to ensure safe and effective maintenance execution (Written Schemes of Maintenance)
- Ensure validity of all maintenance tasks e.g. correct job sequence, manning levels, timescales etc. - Perform Audits of task execution to validate and update plans.
- Ensure the defined written schemes contain all of the information necessary for the Materials Coordinators to source all materials, Resource Coordinators to schedule requirements effectively and Maintenance Technicians to execute the task efficiently. Plant Labelling utilised / updated to ensure clarity and accuracy.
- Ensure all other requirements such as scaffolds or cranes / specialist tooling are defined with regard to sizing and specification and any elements not available are flagged and driven through procurement.
- Time-served Mechanical or EC&I Technician with hands on experience in a chemical / process plant. Familiarity with the maintenance of typical process equipment (pumps, valves, vessels, piping systems, instrument and control systems).
- Experience of planning maintenance activities using a CMMS / EAM package (preferably SAP with Prometheus)
- Knowledge of scheduling maintenance tasks / projects in a Gantt chart format / CMMS
- Proficient in Risk Assessment methodology and in writing work instructions / job plans.
- Identify and engage with suppliers and OEM to identify material specifications
- Raise purchase requisitions as necessary
Contribute to the planning and scheduling of major plant shutdowns
- Ensure all shutdown tasks are fully planned and resourced with the required materials and contract labour
- Advise the shutdown schedule to deliver the work scope with minimal plant downtime
- Deliver progress reports during the shutdown phase
- Produce emergent work plans and oversee elements of contractor work re duration and quality