about 1 year ago
Fantastic opportunities based in Northwich, Cheshire.
It's an exciting time to join Tata Chemicals Europe…….
Who are we?
Tata Chemicals Europe (TCE) is the UK's sole producer of sodium carbonate and sodium bicarbonate, as well as the market leading producer of salt. We are also one of Europe's leading producers of these and other related products. There are exciting times ahead for us as we embark on major investment across all our manufacturing sites in Cheshire to grow the business and deliver reliable high quality products into increasingly diverse markets. This programme of investment and development at our Lostock site includes major infrastructure projects that will secure our position as a market leader in the production of Soda Ash.
Job purpose statement:
Manage all Mechanical and CE Maintenance activities associated with the Lostock Ammonia Soda Business Unit within budget costs and in compliance with TCE safety, health, environment and quality (SHEQ) standards. Principal accountabilities: (no more than 8)
Provide leadership and technical guidance to the Lostock Maintenance department comprising CE and Mechanical Maintenance Team.
Foster close and effective engagement with Plant Managers and other functional heads to develop and implement effective maintenance strategies.
Develop and implement strategies to improve maintenance planning and execution. Take a leading role in delivering improved plant reliability and uptime.
1. Lead a multi- disciplinary maintenance team to maximise maintenance performance and asset reliability in close conjunction with Operations personnel. Manage the welfare, performance and career development of direct reports along with whole Maintenance Team including succession planning and nurturing future talent.
2. Maintain standards of good safety practice and compliance with legislative and company standards across all maintenance activities.
3. Develop the man- management capability of the Maintenance supervisory team to ensure that good work standards are set and maintained.
4. Develop and implement strategies to maximise the performance and effectiveness of the maintenance teams. Develop a suite of KPIs and set stretching targets to measure improvement in the planning and execution of maintenance activities
5. Work with the rest of the Asset Management team to improve the engineering integrity of the plant and increase plant reliability. Assist the Reliability and Asset Integrity Manager in investigating the root cause of reliability issues.
6. Improve the productivity and increase engagement of the maintenance teams to increase equipment reliability.
7. Improve maintenance planning and execution to reduce MTBF and MTTR of key equipment.
8. Manage the maintenance budget and maximise value for money from the maintenance spend.
Chartered Engineer, Engineering Degree or Extensive Experience
At least 5 years' experience of managing maintenance teams
Strong man manger with track record of improving maintenance execution performance
Experience of applying World Class Maintenance Techniques (e.g. TPM, SMED, RCM etc)
A strong background in applying modern maintenance and reliability strategies to achieve improvements in reliability
A practical background in maintenance execution gained over many years.
Maintenance Management in a Heavy Chemicals environment
Proved track record of effective budget management and cost reduction
Strong leadership and people-management: direct, energy, drive able to relate to people and gain their respect. Ability to improve motivation and engagement.
Good working knowledge of SHE legislation including PUWER, LOLA, PSR.
Good engineering knowledge of various valves, pipes, flanges, gaskets, maintenance practices