£46000 - £53000 per annum + Pension and bonus scheme
17 days ago
Our client in the nuclear sector based in the Oxon area for a permanent opportunity for a Maintenance Manager
Purpose of Role
To ensure adequate maintenance is specified and delivered to maintain asset availability for decommissioning, and minimise degradation in an assigned area in accordance with standards and operational procedures as required by the Nuclear Site Licence, other legislation and Company Policy.
Safety, Environment & Security
* Set out controls to ensure the safe delivery of tasks and ensure compliance with the local and Management System
* Maintain knowledge of the relevant local and management systems
* Actively monitor and reinforce safety behaviours.
* Establish a safe operational culture and provide safety, security & environmental leadership
* Maintain your own safe & secure workplace, identifying safety, environmental and information security risks and hazards apply STAR and report unusual occurrences
* Oversee Contractors ensuring they have appropriate levels of supervision and are adhering to safety/environmental controls and delivering the planned work.
* Effectively lead, oversee and direct an operational team, monitoring performance and maintaining delivery to plan.
* Set and communicate work standards both within the team and to contractors and stakeholders.
* Establish the correct work ethic and culture within the team.
* Develop the skills, capabilities, and behaviours of your team. Use mentoring and coaching to ensure experience and knowledge is shared. Flagging risks and opportunities.
* Monitor and manage the performance of direct reports actively supporting those at risk of underperforming, or with unacceptable levels of absence.
* Establish and maintain an appropriate and effective level of stakeholder engagement.
* Challenge the status quo and identify future opportunities through innovation within area of professionalism/ function/ business and process.
* Ensure delivery of maintenance, strategy and plan.
* Ensure LC28 compliance / translation from safety case to EMIT.
* Put in place support contracts where local resources cannot deliver requirements.
* Manage the production of PMI/SFI documents required for maintenance delivery.
* Provide oversight of training required for team members.
* Provide oversight of maintenance delivery in accordance with company arrangements, and to feed into monthly SPI reports includes overseeing Mainsaver.
* Liaise with other site departments and other interested parties to achieve the above.
* Act as Qpulse authorised editor as required.
* Act as Issuer and Retriever of Authority to work forms.
* Support investigations, and its, inspections and Regulatory interventions.
* Support the effective deployment of company-wide policies, processes, systems and procedures ensuring that at all time the business remains compliant. This includes, but is not limited to, the need to comply with the company's Equality and Diversity Policy and undertake identified associated learning and development activities.
The post holder will be required to complete training as defined in S-035 and by the requirements of an authorisation instruction and/or as requested by the Company in order to maintain SQEP/Competence.
Essential (E) / Desirable (D)
EDUCATION / QUALIFICATIONS / TRAINING
HNC in an Engineering/Technical subject or equivalent E
ILM qualification in Management D
EXPERIENCE / KNOWLEDGE
Substantial knowledge of maintenance and planning aspects of nuclear and conventional plant E
Experience in a Maintenance or Technical Department at a nuclear site E
Detailed knowledge of site licence conditions and legislation associated with the safety of personnel and plant. E
Knowledge of safe working practices associated with the safe working in a nuclear environment E
An appreciation of Company's requirements related to plant modifications at nuclear sites. E
Communication skills to impart information and guidance on a wide range of maintenance topics E
Experience of supervising teams of people with differing trades knowledge E