Up to £30600 per annum + 5% bonus paid annually
22 days ago
Our client in the Chester area has a permanent requirement for a Maintenance Fitter to join the business. The successful candidate will carry out preventive maintenance and repair activities on the plant equipment to minimise production down time.
- Ensure that people within the area are working in a safe environment.
- Preventative Maintenance of machine components and equipment associated in the production process.
- Essential maintenance of Machines during Job Changes and collaboration with the Job Change team on the job change line
- Planned and unplanned replacement/repairs of Machine components and equipment.
- Workshop repairs and preparation of essential Machine components.
- Immediate response to breakdowns to minimise downtime.
- To collaborate with the wider maintenance team as and when required by management.
- To be involved in setting up job changes and collaborate in settling down job change line after the job change
- Carry out mechanical and electrical maintenance and repair activities, as per TPM schedule, of plant equipment to minimise production down time.
- Record and report all actions and/or defects on Machines.
- Escalate and communicate effectively all incidents with other departments on a regular basis to help minimise production down time.
- Ensure all work areas are left clean and tidy after work is completed, keeping all areas in a neat, well-stocked and organised manner, in line with housekeeping standards.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working within an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Experience working as a Multi-Skilled Fitter in a mechanical field.
- Basic knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic concepts.
- Trouble Shooting and Fault Finding.
- Machinery, welding and fabrication knowledge would be an advantage.
- Technical engineering background is desirable.
Essential Functional / Technical Skills
- Ability to communicate and maintain good working relationships with colleagues at all levels.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- High quality standards.
Please note the consultant looking after this position is Tahanee Twist