£28654 - £29549 per annum + 10% bonus paid monthly
4 months ago
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Maintenance Fitter to join our clients Chester site.
The successful applicant will be responsible for undertaking all engineering maintenance activities inclusive of day-to-day breakdowns, planned preventative maintenance and installations.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
· Risk assessments, method statements and permit to work.
· Diagnose and repair faults on mechanical services.
· Fabricate/repair all sizes of pipework, chutes and other equipment.
· Carry out planned preventative maintenance on heating systems, compressors, motors, pumps, ventilation systems, fan assembly's, drag chains, conveyors, elevators, crushers and any other equipment as deemed necessary by management.
· Safe isolation of electro-mechanical devices.
· Install heavy engineering plant using lifting equipment.
· Use own initiative, knowledge and experience when designing, manufacturing and installing engineering plant and equipment.
· Ensure the work area is clean and tidy; apply the "6S" model around site along with the clean as you go policy.
· Recognised time served apprenticeship, city and guilds or BTEC in Engineering.
· Recognised welding qualifications preferably City and Guilds 3268 level 3.
· Written and verbal communication skills in order to liaise with staff at all levels of the organisation.
· Ability to work on own initiative without close supervision.
· Ability to work to deadlines.
· FLT and MEWP licenses.
· Confined space trained.
· Minimum 3 years post qualification in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
This is a brief outline of the role and is by no means exhaustive. The post holder will be expected to undertake duties as appropriate to the position and grade. Significant changes to the role and its responsibilities would be subject to appropriate consultation with the post holder.